Friday 19 July 2013

Curriculum Overview 2013-2014 {Freebie Friday}

After teaching for 10 years you'd think that summer planning would be almost non-existent, but I believe that  a great teacher still takes the time to shake things up and reassess the things that have worked or didn't work in the past.  Not to mention if the school has adopted a new curriculum (which my school did).

So without much ado, here are my curriculum maps for the new school year.  Guided Reading you will notice is a little vague, but that is because I teach reading in small groups so I focus on one skill for a month for my whole class lesson (September = comprehension strategies) and then get deeper into that skill in my small reading groups. 

For Math and most of our Language Arts we use Bob Jones University Press curriculum.  For my small reading groups I mostly will be using Reading A to Z

No comments:

Post a Comment