Sunday 11 August 2013

Quick Classroom Pictures {2013-2014}

My sister and I went in to school this past week to put up some bulletin boards. My dining room was starting to fill up at home and I needed to clear up the space so we loaded up the SUV and off we went! Sorry for the quick pitures. I did not have my good camera with me. I also want to put in a major plug here for Teachers Pay Teachers and for those that post items on there for other teachers, like me, to use in their classrooms. SO MANY cute things on there to print. Thank you, thank you!

The CRAFT board for reading strategies to be posted.  In front of this board will be my reading workshop table and supplies.  The school is still being cleaned so the only furniture I have in my room right now is my desk and a few shelves.

I share my room 3 afternoons a week and another teacher ends the day with my class.  We both want to keep the same routine for the students so I made a 2 minute checklist for packing at the end of the day.  My sister also hung up the clock numbers.  I used these for the first time last year and they really helped when it came to learning how to tell time.
I don't often have homework sent home (except for reading for 15 minutes each night and practicing spelling words and math facts), but if I do, I have a few sneaky students who like to hide it in their desk or mailbox.  So this year I made these homework folders out of scrapbook paper and file folders.  They are hanging where I can see them to know who how homework to take home.  I still have to put the students' numbers on them.
This is one of my favourite boards this year.  It is so bright!  It houses our classroom rules, behaviour clip chart, and learning objectives. 
This year we are using a new English curriculum - Bob Jones University Press...so I have put away my beloved VOICES board and have made anchor charts to match the units that we are learning.  I do have a Writing Goals poster to put up that the students will use to track what they need to work on in their writing assignments.
Math board - Problem solving pencil, place value chart and a hundreds chart.  I have math word wall cards to put up the next time I go in that match our curriculum - also Bob Jones University Press.
Another plug for Teachers Pay Teachers - the Great Pencil Challenge from Ladybug's Teacher Files and No name work.  This door is magnetic, so I will magnet the students work to this door if it is missing a name.
Voice levels and pocket chart for our daily schedule.  Inside of this cupboard are my leveled library (A.R.) books.
AR goal tracking board.
This board is serving 2 purposes right now.  The anchor chart on the top will be an activity that we do together on the first day.  The scrapbook papers on the back will be each assigned to a student to hang up work that they want to show off.
This is the writing goals board that I will hang up the next time I go in.  The students will place a sticky note beside the objective they are working on.  The objectives on here match the curriculum I am using and will change with each unit to match the writing assignment they are working on.
I still have to finish our theme bulletin board in the classroom as well as 2 in the hallway - a Twister board and our jobs board. I will post pictures as soon as I get in again and hang them up {hopefully this week}.

No comments:

Post a Comment