Saturday 23 July 2011

Language Arts

Little bit of background:  My Language Arts Block is structured using The Daily 5 by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser. When teaching reading strategies, I use CAFE (also by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser).  My writing lessons come from 6+1 Traits - I have used this a little last year, but am going to very much be relying on it this year.  My word work lessons come mostly from the Four Blocks.

So for the last 2 weeks I have been soley focusing on Language Arts.  I am mainly keeping the bones of my block.  I'm just organizing it all more into one document so I can see them all together.  The main area that I am really changing is the writing, as I mentioned above.  I have been really enjoying getting my mini lesson ideas from 6+1 Traits of Writing: The Complete Guide For The Primary Grades by Ruth Culham. 

So right now, it's more of amalgamating all of the components of curriculum that I like into The Daily 5 framework.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to attach the 'finished' mapped out product.

No comments:

Post a Comment