Tuesday 24 July 2012

Updated Behaviour Chart


For a few years now I have been doing a colour-coded {I am Canadian!!} behaviour chart.  I found that throughout the year, as it was used, I was FOREVER re-stapling it to the wall.  This year, I am planning on using the CRAFT and VOICES bulletin boards, thanks to Kristen at Ladybug Teaching Files{LOVE the colours and circles}, so I was thinking of sticking with the circle theme when designing my classroom this year.  I am planning on following the behaviour chart steps from Littlest Learners.  I love the idea of changing the colours of the clothes pins and adding stickers to them - so simple!! 

So here is my new chart so far.  I am going to attach all of the circles together with a thick black ribbion to hang from the wall to keep it very secure and therefore, no re-stapling.  I am really liking the way that it will take up a lot less wall space as well.  Oh, and I should explain that the red circle "SIR" stands for Student Incident Report...what the school sends home to the parents if the child clips to red - our school's behaviour policy.

Behaviour Clip Chart 2012-2013

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember, two years ago I had mine on plastic plates and it worked really well. I liked that the circles weren't actually attached to the wall, as they hung from ribbon. Looking good! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was planning...using ribbon. That way I could actually nail the top of the ribbon to the wall and that should keep it secure. I do remember your plates! I just wanted to be able to use the printer...can't print on plates!! lol I could have used my cricut, but that would have involved a lot more effort!! Can't wait to see you soon!

      Delete