Tuesday 24 July 2012

VOICES Writing Menu


So, I don't often blog twice a day {usually not even twice a month - though I am trying to be better at that}, but I am SOOOOOO excited about how my new writing bulletin board turned out.  I am extremely OCD when it comes to my bulletin boards and when I stumbled across Kristen's VOICES headers and coordinating lined paper on her blog, I jumped all over it.  Using some of the 6+1 Traits of Writing strategies that I found over on proteacher, I came up with this!!  Now I will be taking the time to sit down and create all of my writing lessons for the upcoming year based on this new bulletin board ~ hoping I can find lots of ideas on your blogs!!



9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your VOICES board. Where did you come up with the strategies? Would you be willing to share them?

    Thanks,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, though I take no credit. I placed a link to where I found the strategies that work for my class - http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=239621

      It is free to join proteacher, but I am pretty sure that you can see the links without joining, though I don't know if you can download anything unless you do. Thanks for looking!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE! Would you be willing to share the powerpoint document with the strategies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittane Hendricks a teacher out of Washington State created the voices menu. She is a dynamic presenter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to implement the VOICES board this year. I would love a list of your strategies to help get me started. I am already using CAFE, but would love to link writing in as well. I went to the proteacher blog that you referenced, but the strategies seem so generic. It looks like you have a more detailed list geared toward my standards.
    ahutchings@thomas.k12.ga.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! May i have a copy sent to my email? Georgina.Ramirez@harlandale.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like the copy too....it is on TPT?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, it isn't. And what's worse, the usb that I had it on broke this past school year. I mostly got it off of all of the different ones online and the paper and headers are from LadyBug's Teacher Files. {My favourite blog!!}. I find it best if you make the descriptors match your writing curriculum.

    ReplyDelete